Casey Haerther hit his fifth homer of the year and starter E

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Reclame    Pagina 1 van 1

23-03-2019 03:22:59 BerichtOnderwerp: Casey Haerther hit his fifth homer of the year and starter E
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

Casey Haerther hit his fifth homer of the year and starter Ethan Hollingsworth got his first win in front of the Shaw Park crowd, as the Goldeyes beat the Kansas City T-Bones 5-3 in front of 5,078 on a chilly Canada Day afternoon. New Balance Shoes Online Uk . With the victory, the Fish won their sixth straight (theyve won nine of 10), improved to 29-14 on the season and tightened their stranglehold on first place in the American Associations North Division. “This team is firing on all cylinders right now,” said Haerther, who had two hits in four trips and raised his batting average to a league-leading .392. “Ive played on some good teams, but I dont remember many like this. Were pitching well, hitting well and guys are playing great defense. “And it doesnt feel streaky. It feels like were just going out there and playing and when the guys do what they do, we win.” Kansas City opened the scoring with a run in the first, but the Goldeyes answered with a pair of runs in the bottom of the inning. In fact, the first four Goldeyes in the lineup hit safely. Tyler Kuhn led off with a single, Josh Mazzola followed with a single, Haerther drove home Kuhn with a single and Ray Sadler drove home Mazzola with another single. Haerther homered in the third to make it 3-1 and then, with two out in the sixth, a solo homer by Reggie Abercrombie made it 4-1 and an RBI double by Ryan Pineda drove home Brock Bond with the fifth Goldeyes run. Kansas City scored a pair in the seventh, but Brendan Lafferty and Chris Kissock came on to shut the door in the eighth and ninth innings and the Goldeyes opened this three-game series with Kansas City with a victory. Hollingsworth (2-0, 2.55 ERA) picked up the win for Winnipeg. Meanwhile, K.C. starter Andy Noga (0-3, 4.53 ERA) suffered the loss. Kissock picked up his team-leading ninth save. “I used my two seam and four seam fastballs and just got ahead of the hitters,” said Hollingsworth. “I really didnt throw very many off-speed pitches. I just used the fastball and got some great defense behind me.” The Goldeyes and T-Bones will play Game 2 of this three-game series on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. Chris Salamida (3-3, 4.53 ERA) will get the start for Winnipeg, while Rick Zagone (6-1, 5.40 ERA) will take to the hill for Kansas City. New Balance Clearance Sale Uk . Not Peyton Manning. Hes holding on to the heartache to stoke his competitive fire. New Balance Outlet Uk . Nathan Beaulieu, Tomas Jurco, Danick Gauthier and Jonathan Huberdeau had a goal and an assist each as the Sea Dogs extended the longest streak in the Canadian Hockey League this season. http://www.newbalanceclearanceuk.com/ . -- Jonathan Vilmas season is over and his future on the football field is in doubt. WASHINGTON -- The Washington Wizards are inching closer to their first playoff spot since 2008 and can earn a post-season berth Sunday if the Golden State Warriors beat the New York Knicks. After the Wizards sloppy 101-97 win over the free-falling Atlanta Hawks on Saturday night, they insisted theyre not looking ahead -- at least not publicly. "If the Knicks lose, Ill be more excited. Id know Id be playing in the playoffs," John Wall said. Wall scored 25 points and Drew Gooden added 16 for Washington, which is sixth in the Eastern Conference. Wall scored 13 points in the last 7:16 of the third quarter and the Wizards finally escaped the pesky Hawks, who have lost six straight and 20 of 26. Jeff Teague scored 19 points and Paul Millsap 17 for Atlanta. Washington had to overcome a slow start coming off its impressive 13-point win over Eastern Conference leader Indiana on Friday to beat the Hawks, who lead the Knicks by 1 1/2 games for the final playoff berth in the East. They also had to deal with the effects of a Saturday afternoon hockey game at the Verizon Center. Because of the Washington Capitals game with the Boston Bruins, the starting time of the Wizards game was pushed back an hour. The changeover left the floor slippery and may have caused a groin injury to Washington forward Trevor Ariza. "Good thing nobody got seriously injured, but we got to work on that. Somebody couldve really got hurt. We got to keep ourselves safe," Ariza said. "I tried to play the game as fast as I can all the time, but after I fell and slipped, I slowed down for sure." He finished with 13 points. Bradley Beal had 14. "That floor was awful tonight. I apologize for that," coach Randy Wittman said. Washington led 99-89 with 2:38 to play, but the Hawks scored eight straight including three free throws by Lou Williams and a three-point play by Teague with 39.8 to play. Teagues three points came immediately after Wall missed two foul shots. With the Wizards leading 99-97,, Marcin Gortat blocked Teagues shot with 11. New Balance Clearance Uk. 1 seconds left. Gooden was fouled by Teague and hit two free throws to secure the win. "We call this fatigue. We call this fatigue and too relaxed. Im glad we won that game. Otherwise, Id probably shoot myself at home," Gortat said. He had 12 points and 11 rebounds. Wittman wasnt pleased with how his team closed out the game. "Disappointed in that, but theres not a bad win in this league. Well take the win," Wittman said. Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer, whose team played well despite missing three of its five leading scorers, had been hoping for a comeback. "Its amazing how long an NBA game is and what can happen in the last two minutes," Budenholzer said. The game was interrupted countless times by the condensation, which seemed to bother Wizards players more than Hawks. It was reminiscent of a Jan. 11 game that featured two lengthy stoppages when a heavy rainstorm hit the area and delayed Washingtons game with Houston. The Hawks started hot, hitting seven of their first eight shots and running out to a 21-11 advantage, but Washington got eight late points from Gooden, outscoring the Hawks 16-7 in the last 4:31 to lead 28-27 after one. Thanks to nine points in the last five minutes by Pero Antic, Atlanta led 52-50 at halftime. Walls third-quarter offensive display gave the Wizards a 75-71 lead after going into the fourth. NOTES: Washington F/C Nene, who has missed 17 games with a left knee sprain is progressing, though Wittman isnt guessing when he may return. "Hes going on the floor a little bit, on his own, just kind of getting on his legs a little bit," Wittman said. "Where that takes us I dont know. Hes going in a good direction." ... Atlanta was without G/F Kyle Korver (back spasms) and G DeMarre Carroll (stomach virus). ... Wizards G Andre Miller was called for a flagrant foul on Hawks G Dennis Schroder in the fourth quarter, but Schroder missed both foul shots. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Reclame
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: