DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was convic

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Hond Van De Maand    Pagina 1 van 1

28-01-2019 02:34:21 BerichtOnderwerp: DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was convic
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was convicted of intoxication manslaughter Wednesday for a fiery wreck that killed his teammate and close friend, Jerry Brown. Orange Air Zoom Training Shoes . Brent, 25, showed no reaction when he learned the verdict. He was led from the courtroom in handcuffs in front of crying family members who were in the front row of the courtroom gallery. He faces up to 20 years in prison, though he could also get probation. The sentencing phase was scheduled to begin on Thursday. Lawyers from both sides remain under a gag order that prevented them from commenting after the proceedings. Prosecutors say Brent, a defensive tackle, was drunk when he crashed his Mercedes on a suburban Dallas highway in December 2012, killing Brown, a linebacker on the Cowboys practice squad who had also been Brents teammate at the University of Illinois. Officers who arrived on scene saw Brent trying to pull Browns body from the wreckage. Police say Brents blood alcohol level was tested shortly after the crash at 0.18 per cent, more than twice the legal limit for drivers in Texas. Prosecutors last week argued that the burly, 320-pound defensive tackle had as many as 17 drinks that night of the crash. Brents lawyers argued the blood tests used by police were faulty and that Brent could not have drank nearly that much. Attorney George Milner said his client was "guilty of being stupid behind the wheel of a car," not drinking beforehand. Brent retired from the NFL last year, but his ties to the Cowboys were prominent at trial. Two current players, Barry Church and Danny McCray, testified about hanging out with Brent and Brown, first playing video games, then having dinner and going to Privae, a Dallas nightclub. Jurors saw video of Brent appearing to hold bottles of Champagne in each hand and credit-card receipts that showed Brent had purchased three bottles. They also saw police dash cam footage of Brent losing his balance during field sobriety tests and occasionally stumbling over his words while talking to officers. The case now moves to sentencing. Milner has previously said his client should receive probation, and Browns mother, Stacey Jackson, has said in interviews that she has forgiven Brent. Jackson could testify on Brents behalf at sentencing. Prosecutors have indicated they will push for jail time for Brent and have talked about the potential to send a message about intoxication manslaughter. His conviction comes just after weeks of fierce debate about a North Texas teen, Ethan Couch, who received probation for intoxication manslaughter after a wreck that left four people dead. Couchs case, and the so-called "affluenza" defence his attorneys employed, became the subject of fierce, widespread scrutiny. Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins has attended parts of Brents trial and whispered in prosecutors ears during the questioning of one witness. Watkins told a sports radio station last year that prosecutors had the responsibility to make sure Brent "loses his freedom." Brent, a defensive tackle, had played in all 12 games of the 2012 NFL season before the crash. He retired in July. Brown was signed to the Cowboys practice squad in the 2012 season. Blue Air Zoom Running Shoes . "Ive got a lot of work to do on this team and the sooner that I can get back to my office and start that work, itll be better," he said straight-faced as the rest of the room erupted in laughter. Grey Air Zoom Running Shoes . The underachieving franchise finished 17th in the 19-team league with a 6-17-11 record this season. "Our soccer team is absolutely in complete disarray," said Leiweke, drawing laughs during an Empire Club luncheon speech about the future of MLSE teams and plans to improve them. http://www.cheapnikeairzoom.com/ .ca. Hi Kerry, Welcome back! Im sure you heard Peter Forsbergs comments last week regarding Canadian referees in the gold medal game. Seems to me that he was questioning the integrity and impartiality.FORT WORTH, Texas - PGA Tour rookie Brice Garnett grew up in a small Missouri town where his home course is a nine-hole layout. Garnett has gone from Daviess County Country Club and then Missouri Western State to leading at Hogans Alley after two rounds at Colonial. After starting with an eagle, Garnett shot a 4-under 66 on Friday and moved to 7-under 133. He had a one-stroke lead over long-putting Chris Stroud (64) and Robert Streb (6Cool. "Im just keeping my head down and trying to make as many birdies as possible," Garnett said. "Im going to try to embrace it this weekend and have fun, and well see where we stand come Sunday." Adam Scott, playing as No. 1 in the world for the first time, had birdies on three of his last seven holes for a 68 to get to 1 under. He has made the cut in his last 34 PGA Tour events, the longest active streak. Matt Kuchar, ranked No. 4 in the world, had a chance to move to the top with a victory. But he missed the cut by a stroke at 2-over 142 after a 70. The 30-year-old Garnett is from Gallatin, Missouri, a town of about 1,800 people. He has only one top-10 finish in his 18 previous starts on the PGA Tour, and has never won on the Web.com Tour. This is the first time he has even been in the top 10 after the second or third round on the PGA Tour. "I think each and every week the rookies feel more comfortable. I know I have," Garnett said. You cant get down on yourself being a rookie. ... Its been fun, and Im learning each and every day." First-round leader Dustin Johnson (70) dropped into a seven-way tie for fourth at 5 under. That group also included Texas resident Jimmy Walker (6Cool, a three-time winner this season and No. 1 in the FedEx Cup standings. Walker had a strange occurrence when his tee shot at the 17th hole appeared to nick a bird in flight — though the bird kept flying before Walker made another par. "We saw (the ball) fly the whole way and then it kind of disappeared over the ttrees," said Walker, the only player still without a bogey this week. White Air Zoom Running Shoes. "I didnt see it." Stroud made five putts from over 20 feet, all coming in his last 12 holes. His made putts in the round combined for just under 221 feet, the most on the PGA Tour since Brent Geiberger covered 240 feet during the first round at Booz Allen in 2006. And Stroud did that using a new putter he picked up this week. "It has no lines on it. ... Ive been using another, but it had a bunch of lines on it," Stroud said. "I simplified my putting. Get over it, line up and try to bring the putter back square and back to the ball square at impact. Ive just been rolling it beautifully." Stroud drained a 16-footer on the 193-yard 13th hole, his third birdie of the day coming on his fourth hole. The Texas native was just getting started, with his first 20-footer coming at the par-3 16th when he made birdie from 23 1/2 feet. There was a 22-footer for birdie at the par-5 No. 1 hole, and he rolled in a 56-footer across the green at No. 4, the difficult 211-yard par 3. There was a 26-footer at No. 6 and yet another long birdie putt at his last par 3, a 34-footer at No. 8. "My driver has been bad. ... Ive hit it terrible the last two days. Really, really bad. But putted awesome," he said. "So I dont have to worry about the greens. I just need to get the ball on the greens. Usually its the opposite. I usually hit the ball really well and struggle to get the ball in the hole." On his final hole, the 406-yard dogleg-right ninth, Strouds approach was well left into a bleacher area near a concession stand. After a free drop and pitching to about 26 feet on the fringe, he two-putted from 26 feet for bogey. Tim Clark was 7 under and tied for the lead after four consecutive birdies only six holes into his round of 68. But he three-putted at the par-3 16th and didnt have another birdie until No. 9, his last hole, to get to 5 under and tied for fourth. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Hond Van De Maand
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: