Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good an

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Over de regenboogbrug    Pagina 1 van 1

14-01-2019 06:35:44 BerichtOnderwerp: Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good an
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Wholesale . This week they discuss the NHL paying Wayne Gretzky, fighting in hockey, the "Group of Death" and the Buffalo Sabres disaster season. Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is up to the NHL for finally paying Wayne Gretzky the money he was owed when the Phoenix Coyotes descended into bankruptcy way back in 2009. Gretzky was paid the $7 million he was owed plus interest, so it was closer to $8 million, and all it took was the utter exhaustion of all other avenues - primarily chasing former Coyotes owner Jerry Moyes in court - plus a $5.2-billion tv deal, which must have helped ease the financial strain. It is sad though, that that the league essentially exiled its greatest living player for four years while trying to solve the problem of a team in a ridiculous market that probably never would have existed without Gretzky spreading the hockey gospel in Los Angeles in the first place. Steve Simmons, SUN Media: My thumb is down to the continuing human tragedy that centres around long term fighting in hockey. Just this week the sad and troubled stories of two longtime NHL fighters, Gino Odjick and Scott Parker - career penalty minutes 3,266 - came to light. How their lives have been inexorably altered primarily because of their involvement in fighting and the numerous concussions that have come along with it. Time was, I was ambivalent to the ongoing fighting debate. But not anymore. And Im not sure how anyone, even those in the pro-fighting camp, can sit back now and be witness to so many lives in turmoil. This is beyond being a sporting issue now, this is a social issue. And we dont need to be party to any more tragedies, not when we know they can be prevented. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is down to the World Cup draw, and not merely because FIFA spent $11 million on an over-the-top exercise that it could have done for a thousand bucks, depending on how fancy the Danish tray. No, my thumb is down because now, like in every quadrennial, we are besieged with the most trite and soul-sucking sports cliché, the Group of Death. Death? Really? In 2012 1.6 million Americans died of cancer. Theres your group of death. This is soccer. Certainly the round-robin competition will be fierce, but can we please start referring to Germany, Portugal, Ghana and the United States as, say, the group of gastrointestinal discomfort? Dave Hodge, TSN: My thumb is down to the complete disaster that is the Buffalo Sabres 2013-2014 season. The owner, Terry Pegula, made this comment when he fired general manager Darcy Regier and coach Ron Rolsto – “If you want to win in this league, you have to draft first and get Sidney Crosby or draft second and get Evgeni Malkin.” Well, the proponents of the fine art of tanking would applaud Pegulas mission statement and his methodology - he should have fired Regier and Rolston prior to the season - they should have been replaced by now. Ryan Millers future should have been determined. The Sabres will promise something better to next seasons ticket-holders - but they have ignored the importance of support from the current customers, and will almost certainly draft first or second. Wholesale Air Jordan 1 .com) - Blake Griffin led five Clippers in double figures with 24 points and the LA Clippers got back on track with a 101-97 win over the Utah Jazz. Air Jordan 1 Uk Online .Under the agreement announced Monday, the Cuban defector is guaranteed $68.5 million over six seasons.Tomas gets a $14 million signing bonus that is payable within 30 days of the deals approval by Major League Baseball, and then salaries of $2 million next year, $4 million in 2016, $6 million in 2017 and $10 million in 2018. http://www.airjordan1uk.com/ . The closer wasnt available. The road trip, a disaster to that point.SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- A day after learning what it felt like to be humbled, No. 10 Virginia Commonwealth learned how to benefit from the experience. After being virtually beaten at its own fast-paced style in a loss to Florida State, the 10th-ranked Rams found a way to win with their late-game toughness in a 73-67 victory over Long Beach State in the consolation bracket of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. Rob Brandenberg scored 19 points and helped ignite a rally that proved to be too much for a 49ers team that lost its fifth straight game. The Rams (4-1) trailed by eight early in the second half before reeling off that 13-0 run to take back control. "I was just trying to stay aggressive and just try and help my team any way I can," Brandenberg said of the spurt. "I realize that we had to play with some urgency at that time. It worked out." The victory earned the Rams a matchup Sunday with Georgetown, the team it beat in the second round of the 2011 NCAA tournament to first land VCUs program on the national stage. VCU had four players in double figures, including Juvonte Reddic with17 points and 10 rebounds, and Briante Webber with 15 points. Rams coach Shaka Smart called it a "hard-fought win." "I thought we responded well," Smart said. "Last night was a humbling game. And thats a good thing. Losing not a good thing, but its good to be humbled because it reminds you that you have a long way to go and we have to get better. " Long Beach State handled VCUs pressure well at times, committing only 10 turnovers. But it shot just 7 of 19 on 3-pointers. It was the first of VCUs five opponents this season that didnt have at least 20 giveaways. Branford Jones led Long Beach State (1-5) with 19 points and Mike Caffey added 15. But where VCUS defensive pressure failed it in the first half, the Rams began to succeed in speeding up the 49ers in the final 20 minutes of the game. Air Jordan 1 Uk Sale. It didnt always produce turnovers, but it did force Long Beach State into quick shots. A string of misses triggered the 13-0 spurt that put the Rams up 55-50 with under 12 minutes to play. Long Beach State coach Dan Monson said it was a run they didnt have an answer for. "I thought we controlled the tempo and were able to dictate the tempo for 35 minutes," Monson said. "Thats all it took, just that two or three minutes against a team that dangerous, that explosive. Our margin for error was very small and we used it in that three-minute thing and we couldnt get a rebound or that next play to get us back in it." Long Beach State got the lead back at 58-57 on a 3-pointer by A.J. Spencer, but another quick burst by the Rams put them back in front 68-60 with 2:45 remaining. A 3-pointer from the wing by Jones and another 3 by Caffey with 16.5 seconds left cut it to 72-67. Long Beach State was aggressive in the opening 20 minutes and led 36-35 at the break. Both teams were up and down the floor in a half that featured nine ties and eight lead changes. The 49ers werent intimidated by the Rams pressure and turned it over only three times. VCU was shakier with the ball with six giveaways. The Rams were just 14 for 31 from the field, but had five 3s to keep pace. Smart said he likes the direction his team is trending in during its stay in San Juan. "Our guys are only human and theres been a lot of things said about them the last couple of months. Then they get that little number next to their name," he said. "But theres a process that goes into winning and theres a process into getting better. And I think last night reminded us of that. "The way we responded tonight was pretty good." China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Over de regenboogbrug
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: