DALLAS - Stan Van Gundy had an explanation for his Detroit P

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Windhonden "Spulletjes"    Pagina 1 van 1

08-01-2019 03:01:03 BerichtOnderwerp: DALLAS - Stan Van Gundy had an explanation for his Detroit P
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

DALLAS - Stan Van Gundy had an explanation for his Detroit Pistons dramatic turnaround:Practice. Cheap Air Max Plus Uk .Specifically, three days of practice from Dec. 22-24. Since then, a team that was 5-23 has become the NBAs hottest team, with a seven-game winning streak.On Wednesday night, Detroit never trailed in beating the Dallas Mavericks 108-95. They also came in with a six-game winning streak.From then on, its just been different, Van Gundy said. Theyve worked harder. Theyve been more attentive. A lot more together. We dont have guys that are getting concerned about whos in the game, or their playing time, or their shots.Theyve had four different high scorers in their seven wins. On Wednesday, it was Greg Monroe, who had 18 rebounds in addition to 27 points for his 13th double-double this season.But D.J. Augustin came off the bench to have an even greater impact, scoring 17 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter. He played only 22 minutes.We dont have a one-man team, Augustin said. We have different guys that can contribute every night. Its fun when were playing together like this and were winning.Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons said the Pistons are a different team from the one Dallas beat in Detroit last month.Night and day, Parsons said. Its all confidence. They obviously always had the talent, same coach, same players, same system, but theyre playing free and theyre playing confident right now.The Mavericks pulled within 81-77 with 8:10 to play, but after drawing a technical foul, Augustin made two 3-point shots to increase the lead to 10 points.Brandon Jennings added 14 points, and Jodie Meeks had 11 for Detroit. Andre Drummond had a game-high 19 rebounds for Detroit, which outrebounded the Mavericks 60-43.Dallas Dirk Nowitzki said,We have to all get in there and help Tyson (Chandler) out, Dallas Dirk Nowitzki said. Tysons been a stud on the boards, all year long, both ends of the floor.Chandler had 15 of the Mavericks 43 rebounds.We turned it over quite a bit and our shot-making wasnt great, Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. When you cant mitigate a rebounding deficit with those two things in your favour, then its going to be tough.Nowitzki scored 19 points, while Monta Ellis had 16, Parsons 15 and Devin Harris 14.I give Detroit a lot of credit, Carlisle said. We just werent good enough tonight. I just know that Detroit competed at a very high level, and we didnt match it.TIP-INSPistons: They were coming off a 105-104 victory Tuesday at San Antonio after trailing by 18 points in the second quarter. ... Detroits most recent seven-game winning streak had come between Dec. 23, 2008, and Jan. 4, 2009. Five of the games in the current streak have been on the road.Mavericks: They won the only other game between the teams this season, 117-106 at Detroit on Dec. 17. That was their sixth straight win over the Pistons. ... Dallas had won the previous 11 games against Eastern Conference opponents. ... The Mavericks had made 45 per cent (43 for 95) of their 3-point attempts in the previous four games, but made just 27 per cent (6 for 22) against Detroit. ... Dallas has been outrebounded in six of the last seven games.RENEWING THE RECORDThe Pistons have a five-game road winning streak for the first time since 2007-08. They hadnt won in San Antonio and Dallas in the same season since 1996-97.Each team was playing its third game in four nights.KEEPING UP WITH THE SMITHSOn Dec. 22, the Pistons waived Josh Smith, but Van Gundy indicated that the move wasnt connected with the hot streak.I had no problems with Josh at all, Van Gundy said. Josh worked hard. Joshs a 10-year vet. I wanted to give other people opportunities, and it was going to cut his time and take the ball out of his hands. I didnt really think it was fair (to him).UP NEXTPistons: Home vs. Atlanta on Friday.Mavericks: At Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday. Cheap Air Max Plus Free Shipping . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier. Wholesale Air Max Plus .com) - Even-money favorite Liams Map proved a little too tough down the stretch and won Saturdays $100,000 Harlans Holiday Stakes at Gulfstream Park. http://www.airmaxplusuk.com/ . Pretty good hitting, too. Dan Haren pitched six innings and sparked the go-ahead rally with a single, leading Los Angeles to another win over the skidding Atlanta Braves, 4-2 on Tuesday night.The Toronto Maple Leafs "stumbled on" Connor Brown a few years ago and are pleased with their discovery. The Erie Otters captain was named the Ontario Hockey Leagues most outstanding player for 2013-14 on Tuesday. Brown led the league in scoring and set a franchise record with 45 goals and 83 assists in 68 games. Chosen near the bottom of both his OHL and NHL drafts, the 20-year-old Toronto forward has played himself into a strong pro prospect. He was the 251st pick out of 301 players four years ago in the OHL draft. The Leafs chose him in the sixth round, 156th overall, in 2012. His buddy Matt Finn, captain of the Guelph Storm and a fellow Leafs prospect, recently said "With Connor, its always been about proving people wrong." But Brown says his motivation is more about the pursuit of his dream than spite. "I definitely dont think much has come easy, being late picks in both drafts," he acknowledged during a conference call. "Its just more incentive to work hard. "I think I wanted to work hard not to prove people wrong, but I know I needed to work harder to have a shot at signing an NHL contract and having a shot at making the NHL one day." Brown has signed a three-year, entry level contract with the Leafs. He caught their eye in 2011 when scouts went to Erie, Pa., to evaluate Leafs prospect Sondre Olden. "Each time we went down to watch this Maple Leaf pick, wed stumble on Connor Brown," Leafs director of player Jim Hughes said. "Erie was having a difficult year and the scores, the deficits, never changed Connors desire, never changed his moods during the course of the game. "He was always focused and it didnt matter if he was winning 5-1 or losing 5-1, his personality never changed. He always played for the love of the game. He always played with passion. We obviously have big plans for Connor moving forward." Brown led Erie to the best season in its 18-year history with 52 wins and 106 points. The Otters lost this years Western Conference final to Guelph in five games. Brown had eight goals and 10 assists in 14 playoff games. The five-foot-11 170-pound right-winger is currently practising with Torontos American Hockey League team -- the Marlies -- at the MasterCard Centre. Air Max Plus Uk. He intends to spend most of the summer there building strength and working on his skating skills with former Canadian pairs figure skater Barb Underhill. Hughes says Brown needs time to develop "man-strength." "Come September, I think my game and my physical state, I think Ill be ready to play with better and stronger players," Brown said. Brown is the first Otter to win the OHL scoring title and the second to earn the Red Tilson Trophy as league MVP after Brad Boyes in both 2001 and 2002. The trophy is named in honour of Albert (Red) Tilson, who was a former Oshawa General killed in action during the Second World War. Brown led the league in power-play points with 54 and carried a plus-minus of plus-44 through the regular season. In a poll of Western Conference coaches, he was voted the best in a shootout, second in penalty killing and third in the smartest player category. "Whoever is preparing to play hockey anywhere, will not outwork Connor Brown and his will to prepare," Otters general manager Sherry Bassin said. "Whatever work ethic is necessary, whatever that measurement is, hell do more." Media members vote on the award and Brown was the clear winner with 321 points tabulated from 80 ballots. Oshawa Generals centre Scott Laughton was the runner-up with 120 points and top NHL draft prospect Sam Bennett of the Kingston Frontenacs was third with 68. Previous winners include New York Islanders forward John Tavares (Oshawa, 2007), Nashville Predators defenceman Ryan Ellis (Windsor, 2011) and Florida Panthers defenceman Brian Campbell (Ottawa, 1999). Vincent Trochek, the centre who won the award last year with the Plymouth Whalers, split this past season between the Panthers and their AHL team in San Antonio, Texas. Brown is the OHLs candidate for the Canadian Hockey Leagues player of the year. Hell be up against Sam Reinhart of the Western Hockey Leagues Kootenay Ice and Anthony Mantha of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey Leagues Val-dOr Foreurs. The winner will be announced May 24 during the MasterCard Memorial Cup in London, Ont. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Windhonden "Spulletjes"
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: