d job of masking it and trying to defuse the situation. Stil

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Wandelingen    Pagina 1 van 1

10-12-2018 02:28:46 BerichtOnderwerp: d job of masking it and trying to defuse the situation. Stil
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

ALLISTON, Ont. Artemi Panarin Jersey . - Veteran Canadian international Julian de Guzman put soccer on hold this summer to focus on family. The 33-year-old midfielder, who has won 71 caps for Canada, finished out the 2013-14 season with Greeces Skoda Xanthi. Then he stowed his football boots. "For the first time in 17 years in my career, I finally put somebody or something before football. That was my kids," he said. "I havent spent a lot of time with them, especially during my career, with all the travel and playing abroad. But I made a promise to them." His children — daughter Liya Sade is 9 and son Julian Bobby is 6 — live with their mother in Saarbrucken, Germany. De Guzmans career has taken him to Germany (FC Saarbrucken and Hannover 96), Spain (Deportivo la Coruna), Major League Soccer (FC Dallas and Toronto) and most recently Germany (Jahn Regensburg) and Greece. The farther from Germany, the less he was able to see family. But he did his best to make up for it this summer. After finishing out the season in Greece, de Guzman flew to Brazil for 2 1/2 weeks, watching younger brother Jonathan play for the Netherlands in the World Cup. Jonathan, Toronto-born like his brother, earned his Dutch citizenship with his time as Feyenoord but now plays for Napoli in Italy. After the tournament, the two brothers and their kids holidayed with the grandparents in Ibiza, Spain. Then de Guzman brought his kids back to Canada. "Their dream land is Canada or Toronto," he said after a Canada practice at the teams training home north of Toronto. "So I promised them I would bring them there and spent about a month in Toronto. Got to enjoy their time with the family there, as well. Now that they start school, I could put football back as No. 1 priority. "After that experience with the kids, I definitely feel refreshed, ready to go again. And I had a chance to get some training in as well when I had them in Germany before coming to Canada. Im very, very excited for this new season ahead of me." De Guzman is learning away from the field, as well. His daughter is akin to a teenager, he says, and has been after him to spend more time with them. "She needs that father figure, so I have to make myself available as much as possible." After his stint in MLS, where he rarely saw the kids, de Guzman opted to return to Germany to be closer to them. He spent six months with Regensburg before heading to Greece. Xanthi wanted him back for another season, at a slightly reduced salary, but de Guzman resisted because the travel time to his family was eight to 10 hours with connections. As he searches for a new club, he has been looking at German third-division teams. His age is working against him and they are cheaper alternatives, he admits. "Germany now has gone for the younger generation," he said. Austria or Switzerland would also work. "Anything close to Germany," he said. De Guzman has it down to available flights. "Direct flights to Frankfurt (150 kilometres from Saarbrucken) would be something." He has had offers from Greece, but none so far have ticked those boxes. In the meantime, de Guzman continues to play a valuable role for Canada. He plays holding midfielder in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 formation and, thanks to his experience in Spain and ability to speak Spanish, can help coach Benito Floro get his message across. Given his experience in Europe, de Guzman is also much appreciated by younger teammates who can use him as a sounding board for their career and travels. Toronto FCs first designated player, he also knows MLS. Canada hosts Jamaica in an international friendly Tuesday at BMO Field in Toronto. Oliver Bjorkstrand Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. Sam Vigneault Jersey . -- The Washington Redskins coaching staff distanced itself from other coaches Thursday by siding with ownership -- and not the players -- in the NFLs labour dispute. http://www.officialbluejacketsfanstore.com/authentic-jack-johnson-blue-jackets-jersey/ . Spencer Abbott and Trevor Smith scored third-period goals erasing a 2-1 deficit giving Toronto a late 3-2 lead.The Ottawa Senators are having a bit of an attendance issue in the early part of this season and Tuesday nights result in Philadelphia certainly wont help put more people in the seats. However, there will be a 2-for-1 promotion for Wednesdays home game against the Minnesota Wild. No, there wont be a discount on tickets for this game, but fans will get a chance to boo two villains for the price of one. And considering how ornery and agitated Sens fans are these days, this could be a perfect outlet to vent their frustrations. Dany Heatley and Matt Cooke roll into town as members of the Wild, meaning they would only need Alexei Yashin to centre their line to make it the most hated visiting trio in Sens franchise history. Based on recent history, Heatley and Cooke could very well be Villains 1 and 1A for the Sens fan base. So which player will receive the louder boos tonight? Lets analyze the case for both Heatley and Cooke. Dany Heatley The Dany Heatley saga is well-documented in this town, after the sniper demanded a trade in the summer of 2009. He cited a "diminished role" under head coach Cory Clouston as the catalyst for his departure. When Heatley made his first return to Ottawa on December 2, 2010, he was clearly public enemy No. 1 in this city. The Ottawa Sun ran a headline that screamed Suck It Up Princess and was accompanied by a large photo of Heatley with a super-imposed baby pacifier in his mouth. The sub-headline elegantly stated Heatley still loved by children…….in Africa. Roy MacGregor had the following passage in his Globe and Mail story that day, which perfectly captured the sentiment of the city towards their former hero. "Dany Heatley screwed up the federal by-elections. Dany Heatley is causing area house prices to drop. Dany Heatley is behind this week-long spit that passes for weather around here…Welcome to Ottawa on Dany Heatley Day in the nations capital, the day the San Jose Sharks leading scorer gets blamed for, as the Bible might put it, every little sparrow that falls." That night, fans showed up with old No. 15 jerseys that had the Heatley name plate altered to just spell "H-A-T-E". At one point during the game, a handful of fans came down and threw Heatley jerseys onto the ice in a staged protest. Urinals had Heatley action figures in them, giving a new meaning to the term number-one winger. Ottawa has never had an evening quite like that and unfortunately for the home team, Heatley and his Sharks skated away with a 4-0 win. But since leaving Ottawa, its not like Heatley has made Ottawa fans wish he stayed. His goal production has diminished in each of the last five years, going from 39 to 26 to 24 to 11. And last night at the Bell Centre, he scored a meaningless goal with only two seconds left in regulation time – only his third marker of the season. And for a player who once complained about his role on a team, its interesting to note that Heatley is playing only 14 minutes a night this season under Mike Yeo, marking the lowest ice time of his NHL career. Heatley is no longer a front-line pplayer in the NHL and, with his contract expiring at the end of this season, it will be interesting to see how many offers he receives as a free agent. Boone Jenner Jersey. Ironically, this is the final year of the six-year deal he signed with the Sens in the fall of 2007. The terms of that contract called for him to receive a $4 million bonus on July 1, 2009, which the Senators grudgingly paid, even after Heatley had demanded a trade and refused to accept one to Edmonton. Owner Eugene Melynk was so incensed with that turn of events that he filed a grievance against Heatley and that case was only resolved in the past couple of weeks, although the terms of the settlement were not disclosed. So the book on Heatley is virtually closed for Sens fans. It seems like the pitchforks and torches have been put away and the hatred towards Heatley has been replaced with some level of indifference. Matt Cooke Matt Cooke could receive the lions share of boos tonight because the wound he caused is still fresh in the minds of Sens fans. It was only nine months ago that Cookes skate blade sliced the achilles tendon of Erik Karlsson in a game at Pittsburgh. At the time, Karlsson was arguably the most dynamic player in the game and since coming back from the injury, he has only shown flashes of his former brilliance. This will actually be Cookes fourth visit to Ottawa since the incident occurred and when he returned for his first visit in April, there were Wanted posters that were circulating with his name and face on it. Sens fans wanted Cooke to pay for his recklessness, with some suggesting he deliberately caused the injury. Even Eugene Melnyk went on the record to say he would consider launching an independent investigation into the matter to prove that Cookes actions were intentional. To Cookes credit, he faced the media and answered all of the questions about the incident and adamantly denied he purposely tried to slice Karlssons leg. And to Karlssons credit, he completely downplayed the situation when the two faced off in their second-round playoff series last spring. The Sens defenceman likely holds some deep-rooted anger towards Cooke, but he has done a very good job of masking it and trying to defuse the situation. Still, Sens fans and management cant help but wonder how good Karlsson would be if that incident hadnt occurred. And if Karlsson never regains his Norris Trophy form, Cookes ranking on the villain list will stay firmly at the top. Conclusion If I had to place my bet, I would think that Heatley would receive more boos than Cooke – if only because the fan base still hates the fact that he demanded a trade and had five years left on his contract. And in the case of Cooke, you can make the argument that what he did was an accident; whereas Heatleys decision was calculated and intentional. Both players had a negative impact on the Sens franchise, but only one of them was on the teams payroll when he chose his course of action. But while the Heatley vs. Cooke argument is debatable, we can probably agree on one thing: If the Sens dont play well tonight, they will be the ones getting the loudest boos from the hometown crowd. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Rambo\\\\\\\'s Bende | Wandelingen
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: